[Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking for the King

Patricia Collum pjc2 at cox.net
Sat Dec 14 16:04:05 PST 2002

I've been itching to play with marzipan as I've done quite a bit of mundane
sculpture (serious and funny/cute). So I was thinking about something like a
sugar cube castle with a marzipan dragon curled around it. And then if it
survives the dinner, I can use it to decorate the lunch table for the A&S
judges at the lunch I'm doing on saturday. Does this sound OK?
Meanwhile I'm also going to try out a carrot/cheesecake type pie recipe, I
don't know how good it will be. And I've made gingerbread and a small
sugar-pancake sweet from the anonymous andalusian cookbook, (my husband
loves them). I just haven't cooked a lot of period food. I'm making oatmeal
shortbread, chocolate in puff pastry and possibly wafers (if I get a pizelle
iron for christmas) for the lunch, but all of these are mundane-but-good
recipes. I'm also bringing candied fennel seeds from the middle eastern
market and possibly a nut and honey candy I have a recipe for.

Cecily