[Sca-cooks] Re: Cooking for the King

Anne duBosc anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 12:33:09 PST 2002

Oops,
I should amend that to say that the Apple Fritters are the Lente Frytours from Two Fifteenth Century Cokery Books as found in "The Miscellany", that recipe isn't in "Forme of Cury".
Mordonna
 Anne duBosc <anne_du_bosc at yahoo.com> wrote:--

Dear Cecily,

Here is my proposed menu for the King's Dinner. All the recipes are from "Forme of Cury". It's still fluid, changes can be made as necessary. Can you suggest beverages and/or a dessert? How are you at making solteties?

There will be bread and compost and a cheese plate on the table during the entire meal

First course

Vyande Cypre of Salmon (salmon with almond milk)

Frenche (white peas with parsley)

Frumenty

Payne Fondew (bread pudding with honey and wine)

Second course

Sawse Madam (chicken with grape and garlic stuffing)

Loseyns (pasta and cheese)

Saffron rice

Chyryse (bread pudding with almond and cherry paste)

Third course

Cormarye (pork roast with sage and caraway)

Funges (mushrooms and onions)

Aquapatys (pan roasted garlic)

Apple Fritters

Mordonna