[Sca-cooks] A new book

Ana Valdés agora at algonet.se
Sun Dec 15 03:16:08 PST 2002

In  Poland they did and in France you have still butchersshops called "Chevalines"
where you can buy horsesausages and steaks. In a book called "Unmentionable Cuisine,",
written  by Calvin W. Scwade, you can find the sources and the lore about
horseflesheating. The Tartars did it since their horses were their closest companion
and they felt a kind of comunion when eating their flesh.
Rather fascinating book...
Ana