[Sca-cooks] Re: OT, OOP - ages

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Sun Dec 15 11:03:37 PST 2002

What a great story!!

Now you are making me miss my grandparents.  Bubbie would roll out a big
dough and make kreplach. And for some reason you were not allowed to count
them. Or the chicken soup my bubbie made, full of lima beans that made a
nice, rich broth!

My other bubbie could only afford inexpensive cuts of meat. But oh how she
cooked them tender, stewing them on the stove with root vegetables.  So
delicious it would melt in your mouth!!

And the kigels (kugel) they made!! and the gefillte fish!!   sigh.... I can
make all that stuff, but it doesn't have *their* taste.

Phillipa