[Sca-cooks] OT, OOP - ages

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 15 21:52:16 PST 2002

Ranvaig commented:
>>Now we're talking closer to my generation.  I remember when a high
>>school girl couldn't wear pants to school, but could wear a skirt so
>>short she didn't dare sit down.
>
> I remember kneeling to have my skirt measured.  If it didn't come
> close enough to the ground, we'd be sent home.  That was one reason I
> sewed so much, with my long legs, I couldn't buy skirts long enough
> for school.

Oooh. I think I see a differance between two eras, here.

"didn't come close enough to the ground"? I remember much different

restrictions. Something like having to be within x inches above the
knee. Or halfway down the thigh or such. I do remember a teacher
intentionally embarassing a girl by having her stand up in front of
class, when the teacher thought her skirt was too short. This was in
seventh grade. And no, girls were not allowed to wear pants then.

Unfortunately, my eyesight was just as bad then as it is now. :-(

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com