[Sca-cooks] nostalgia-OT OOP

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 14 20:37:59 PST 2002

OK, guys. I know there are others out there who remember buying 1# loaves of doughy white bread @ 12 for $1?
When going to the movies took a quarter, and you could get a soda or popcorn, too?
No PC's, CD's, or even 8 track tapes? TV was only black and white? No icemakers? No McDonalds or other hamburger chains? No cussing, nudity or excessive violence in movies? No gangs? No drive-by shootings? No one cussed, divorce was frowned upon? Etc.  I'm not saying times were better. I was physically and emotionally abused as a child. But overall, I think I'd rather go back to when "you can't tell a book by it's cover." People were judged by their actions, not their social status or bank account. People who returned wallets with money still in them and refused a reward was normal, not fodder for the evening news.  Never mind, I'm probably in the minority now.  I've been laughed at for returning excess change to the Walmart cashier - "she made the mistake, it was really your money!" Nope, not my way.
OBC - I miss being able to eat full-fat cheeses and real butter, bacon, sauces and other high fat foods without worrying about cholesterol, heart disease or bypass surgery. If I die young, I will die happy!
Liadan Arendell
 kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:I remember them being $.25 when I was younger. BTW Randy we are about
the same age. I am about 6 months older.
I think the only reason I remember the Moon Landing is because of the
picture dad took of me laying in front of the TV on a blanket. (My head
is facing the screen so technically I did see it...LOL) But I don't
remember the actual event.
Nichola