Out-weird me??? OOP/OT...Re: [Sca-cooks] horsemeat

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Dec 16 07:24:28 PST 2002

Also sprach Gorgeous Muiredach:
>At 07:07 AM 12/16/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>>Oh, yes I *was*! Ras could probably out-weird Gorgeous, but Gorgeous is
>>more eclectic in his experiences, overall....;-P
>
>Who is this Ras who could out-weird me?  I know a challenge when I see
>one!  Ha!  <snort>

Trust me. 'Nuff said. Seriously, though, al-Sayyid Ras al Zib, last
time I checked of the Shire of Abhainn ciach Ghlais (spelling
approximate) _and_ of the Confederation of Mountain Clans, lives
somewhere in Aethelmearc, and has, I gather, been more or less
inactive for a while now. The last I heard was that he had moved, and
was dealing with some health issues. I think a lot of people on this
list miss him, but he's sort of a professional Old Curmudgeon. His
culinary interests include (well, let's be real now, his culinary
interests include nearly everything) presenting some interesting game
and organ meats.

A typical Ras feast might include a salmon and eel tart, black
puddings made from rabbit blood, some sort of bear stew (the last
time I actually met him, he fed me a bear heart in a sort of
galantine sauce), roast emu, that sort of thing. Suffice it to say
there was almost nothing he wouldn't cook, serve, and eat, and I used
to joke about him secretly being a cannibal. He is also a very
talented cook, but he used to frighten some people ;-).

I think the main difference between your respective "eat it before it
runs away!" philosophies is that you don't (I'm guessing here) eat
that way all the time, while you could call Ras at home after his
busy workday on a random Wednesday to find him braising a boar's
snout for dinner...

I'm sure there's a lot of Ras's posts to this list archived in the Florilegium.

Adamantius