Out-weird me??? OOP/OT...Re: [Sca-cooks] horsemeat

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Dec 16 08:33:33 PST 2002

>A typical Ras feast might include a salmon and eel tart, black
>puddings made from rabbit blood, some sort of bear stew (the last
>time I actually met him, he fed me a bear heart in a sort of
>galantine sauce), roast emu, that sort of thing. Suffice it to say
>there was almost nothing he wouldn't cook, serve, and eat, and I used
>to joke about him secretly being a cannibal. He is also a very
>talented cook, but he used to frighten some people ;-).

Ohhh, I simply must meet the man!

>I think the main difference between your respective "eat it before it
>runs away!" philosophies is that you don't (I'm guessing here) eat
>that way all the time, while you could call Ras at home after his
>busy workday on a random Wednesday to find him braising a boar's
>snout for dinner...

Hehehe, well, I don't have access to that kind of stuff as much as I used
to, but during the year I developped my cookbook, I don't think I ate beef,
pork or chicken more than once or twice each...  Grouse, lynx, bear,
whatnots, every day pretty much.

"I'll eat anything that moves, except missionaries, you can't make them
tender enough", as one of my West African friends said to me :-)

Now, well, i simply don't cook for myself at home...  I need me a wife so I
start cooking again!  <grin>  Olwen, still single and looking?  LOL

>I'm sure there's a lot of Ras's posts to this list archived in the
>Florilegium.

Yes, actually, now that you mention it I remember coming accross some of that.

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry