[Sca-cooks] horsemeat

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 09:24:04 PST 2002

How about a picture?
There is a panel in the Bayeux Tapestry
where they are preparing for a feast
and attendants are herding the animals along.
There is a cow and a pig and a pony.
Not one of the Knights' mighty chargers,
but a fat little specimen, clearly with the food animals.
<http://www.bayeuxtapestry.org.uk/bayeux20.htm>
<http://www.bayeuxtapestry.org.uk/bayeux21.htm>

The Socièté d’Equiphages seemed to be open
for business!

Selene Colfox
selene at earthlink.net