A new twist! was Re: [Sca-cooks] remember the 'herbalist'?

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 14:16:06 PST 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:06:43 -0500 (EST) jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:

> Ok, now I'm pissed. Since the time that I asked
> her to remove my links--
> she added more material that she cribbed from
> my site. The list of
> materials for pomanders is directly lifted from
> my scents handout, because
> it's in exactly the same order, which is very
> idiosyncratic. She also
> pinches period recipes from my handouts and
> adds them without attributing
> them to the original source. Jeez, Louise.

There is a revised version of the article at:
http://www.alternative-beauty.com/medievalherbalshort.htm

I haven't compared it in detail to see what was changed, but the ingredients
list for pomanders is still there, as is the redaction for Sky-Blue Sauce for
Summer out of Redon's "The Medieval Kitchen.  Since the latter is uncredited,
I assume she didn't ask the U. of Chicago Press for permission to repost.

Brighid ni Chiarain