[Sca-cooks] Re: Bread-baking with a biga

sjk3 at cornell.edu sjk3 at cornell.edu
Tue Dec 17 06:37:47 PST 2002

> Maybe St. Elizabeth dropped by for a visit.
>
> Bear
>
> Saint Elizabeth of Hungary - Nov. 17

     The story I've most often heard about her (and I don't quite see how
it fits into the biography Bear provided) is about her giving bread to
the poor.  She had gone out with an apronful of bread, against orders
(her father's?).  He came out to stop her, but when he looked in her
apron, it was full of roses.  We have a stained glass window in Sage
Chapel with that story.  I believe she's surrounded by beggers, with
bread in one hand, and the other holding up an apron full of roses.

Sandra