A new twist! was Re: [Sca-cooks] remember the 'herbalist'?

Jeff Gedney Gedney1 at iconn.net
Tue Dec 17 06:50:05 PST 2002

>    I find her an embarassment to
>    pagan culture, also.

To be quite honest with you, it was people like this who turned me off paganism
altogether.
I still remember being accosted by some, um, *PERSON* (I gather that she called
herself a "dianic") in a 7-11 who tore the pentacle from my neck and said that,
basically, because I was a male, I was a member of the oppressing class, and
that for me to wear the pentacle was an insult to the Goddess.

I have seen a lot of damaged psyches who are what I call "Angry Pagans" who turn
to the faith because they are turning away from mainstream religions. I
generally find them uncomfortable to be around.  I have also seen a lot of
Pagans who turn to the faith because it is "like putting on old comfortable
flannel pajamas right out of the drier". *Them* I like.

As for me I became a Pagan because I saw a lot of hypocrisy in the Christian
faith I grew up with. I became a Christian again because I found just as much
hypocrisy among the pagans, and Christianity just resonates better with me,
personally. I do not condemn any who choose Paganism. Faith for me is an inward
journey, and whatever you choose to worship is your business.
As long as a person has a good heart, they are alright with me.

Brandu

Going back to school is like riding a bike ...

After fumbling with the pedals, getting saddle
sores from a too-small seat, and struggling
uphill, you realize why you got a car in the
first place.