[Sca-cooks] nostalgia-OT OOP (with recipe)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Dec 17 07:39:33 PST 2002

Not me, man....My mom was a "Better Homes and Gardens" cookbook owner.
It had some sort of 3-ring binder setup, IIRC.  I *miss* that old
thing...it's what I learned to cook from (I don't know that I ever had a
kid-specific cookbook).
I do remember that the first thing I ever baked in the "big oven" all by
myself were snickerdoodle cookies.  They came out looking beautiful and
tasting like h at ll...I'd put the wrong leavening in them (can't remember
if it was baking soda instead of powder, or the other way around).  I
was, oh, 6 or 7.  Didn't discourage me much, though! <g>
Lord, that was a long time ago....*sigh*....think about 2/3rds of this
list hadn't been born yet, and the other 1/3rd was off being a hippy or
something....
--Maire, one of those in-betweeners....;o)