[Sca-cooks] nostalgia-OT OOP (with recipe)

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Dec 17 06:56:50 PST 2002

Also sprach johnna holloway:
>Betty Crocker is re-releasing some their classic cookbooks.
>The 1950's era red edition of Betty Crocker's Picture Cook Book is out
>and
>the Cookie Cookbook has been released for this Christmas.
>I bought three of the Picture Cookbook and gave them as gifts to make
>up for taking my mother's orginal with all the notes and handwritten
>comments tha she made through the years.
>
>Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway
>( so who else remembers buying these with Betty Crocker coupons?)

I do, at least I remember the book, if not the details of its
acquisition (the Cookie Book, that is). I believe my Mom got me my
copy (after I groused about not being able to find a copy of my own)
with the coupons fairly recently (say, in the past five years or so),
after telling me that that was the only way to get it. This was, of
course, before the rise of things like eBay, and commercial sale of
the book.

I think I have two copies of the original 1950's red Picture
Cookbook, both from friends or relatives that have passed on.

Adamantius