A new twist! was Re: [Sca-cooks] remember the 'herbalist'?

Patrick McKinnion patgund at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 12:23:35 PST 2002

on 12/17/02 6:50 AM, Jeff Gedney at Gedney1 at iconn.net wrote:

> I still remember being accosted by some, um, *PERSON* (I gather that she
> called
> herself a "dianic") in a 7-11 who tore the pentacle from my neck and said
> that,
> basically, because I was a male, I was a member of the oppressing class, and
> that for me to wear the pentacle was an insult to the Goddess.

    (Nods)   Yeah, I've ran across the feminist-seperationist neo-dianics as
well.   There was the one who told me to my face that since I was a male, I
had no right to call myself a witch, (to which my comment was "well, you
seem to have the right be called a bitch"), and the ones who told me that
"Goddess doesn't hear the prayers of a male", (to which my comment was that
if The Lady doesn't want my worship, I have enough trust and faith in Her
that she'll tell me no.    She hasn't yet.)     Basically I count them as
loud and annoying, but basically useless.

    And yes, I had someone once who threatened to rip the pendant I was
wearing from my neck as an "insult to the Goddess" as well.   I told her
that I doubted Goddess was so weak as to not make Her displeasure known if
She objected to my wearing it.

    I think every faith out there has a few people who are a dozen or so
french fries short of a happy meal.     My best friend Lisa, (who's a
conservative Baptist), tells me the horror stories about some of the
nutcases in her church as well.

    I'm a Pagan not because I dislike or hate Christianity or the Catholic
Church.    I'm a Pagan because this is the faith and belief that has spoken
to me.     YMMV.     Personally, I have very little regard for "fundies" of
any faith, my own included.

    - Padraig o Connell

I doubt they would get a clue even if Blue and Steve themselves came in and
pummeled them mercilessly with a sledgehammer with Blue's pawprint stamped
on the business end.