[Sca-cooks] Paganism was RE: A new twist!

Jeff Gedney Gedney1 at iconn.net
Wed Dec 18 06:09:56 PST 2002

There are a LOT of good technical descriptions of paganism
flying about, but I believe that as it is used by most Christians
(the majority that is uninformed by contact with the Pagan
community, outside of the media) today, "Pagan" refers to
any religious practice that is not a part of the Judeo-Christian
tradition, and Heathen is any religious practice that is not
strictly Christian in nature.

It is only in the last thirty years or so that these terms have
been co-opted and redefined in the fashions given here.
But generally when you say to your mother "I am a Pagan", in her
mind, it means NOT Christian, Jewish or Muslim.

Brandu

Going back to school is like riding a bike ...

After fumbling with the pedals, getting saddle
sores from a too-small seat, and struggling
uphill, you realize why you got a car in the
first place.