[Sca-cooks] Paganism was RE: A new twist!

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Tue Dec 17 16:18:52 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/17/02 6:51:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
r.carnegie at verizon.net writes:

> .
>

>      I am curious who defines Paganism as having to be
> polytheism?  According to the OED it simply means non-judeo christian.  No
> mention at all to a number of gods.
>

> cheers,
> Ranald

Well, by that definition a lot of religions such as Islam and Buddhism would
fall under Paganism. To me, Paganism has always been affiliated with
polytheism, but it could also denote religions having a strong natured base
belief system. A lot of people conjure images of Wiccans and Witchcraft
practicioners as pagan. And the term pagan isn't even condescending to me.
But thats why I associate paganism with having links to polytheism

Misha