[Sca-cooks] Titles (of people, that is), was Flinging large rocks

Yamil O Kiwan res03l8a at gte.net
Wed Dec 18 10:03:13 PST 2002

I've read all the responses about Titles or Peerage Titles and how we should
not worry about them on our list and I agree, but when we meet at an event
or playing in an SCA type venue titles are important. It is part of the
game. Why else do we play.
I am very proud of my titles and awards. To me they mean that pillars of the
society, people whom I respect and admire, recognize the quality of the work
I've done, the good character, the peer like qualities and wish me to be a
member of their group/peerage.
To me what that really means is: we want you to be an example for others in
the SCA, we want you to work harder to make others enjoyment of this SCA the
best, we need your help to carry on the dream.
To accept a title says more is expected from me than others without one.
Please note I said accept because when a title is offered we have a choice
to accept. I know of people who have not accepted accolades and I admire
them for the standards they place on themselves.
I agree with Marie "...many ahead of me in their culinary skills, or
research projects, or their organizational qualities, ..." So on this list
we learn from each other so we can better ourselves and assist others, and
don't let titles interfere with our improvement.

Sorry about the bandwidth,
Jamal