[Sca-cooks] fruit experiment

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Dec 18 17:32:33 PST 2002

I just did quince paste/candy where you add equal weights of cooked
pulp and sugar and mix two together and mold. The clear liquid/jelly was
poured off
and set up on its own. I stewed them in just a bit of water,  poured off
the liquid for the jelly and sugared the pulp. Mine came out rosy dark
pink.

I read through the section on MWBof Cookery before I started and ended
up using some recipes of Nostredamus's.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway