[Sca-cooks] typical French lunches

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Thu Dec 19 21:02:16 PST 2002

At 11:25 PM 12/19/2002, you wrote:
>Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd commented:
>>Alternatively, tell him to get a life and explore his chances to get great
>>food in France, ...
>So, what *would* be a typical French type lunch? I mean one that might
>be eaten commonly, not one of those usual resturant lunches, which
>if you ate everyday would rapidly make you gain wieght.

Lunch isn't typically the big meal of the day, unless you're doing a
business lunch.

The folks I know, and my family (Belgium, but close enough) would eat cold
cuts and cheeses, with bread.  Perhaps something green.  Sometimes an omelette.

>Would this vary by region within France?

Yes, but not significantly

>Would this differ from such a meal in period France?

That I fear, I can't talk about...  I recognize my own ignorance of period
food! :-)  Some day, that's gonna change :-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies
mka