[Sca-cooks] Report from England

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Dec 20 19:18:32 PST 2002

In a message dated 12/20/2002 4:13:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
countgunthar at hotmail.com writes:

> the world's smallest
> hotel room.

On our honeymoon, while we were in London, we had a hotel room that
*literally*, was just big enough for the double bed.  I believe there was
less than a foot of space on either side of it, and just enough room at the
bottom for a walkway, a small dresser, and a trouser press.  There was a very
tiny, but *marble*, bathroom in the room. The hall way to enter the room was
literally 2 feet wide and about 8 feet long.  We paid L75 per night for it -
about $150!

OB Food content: - on our first night in London, we went across the street to
the very upscale pub, the Monkey Puzzle, for dinner. I had a very nice steak
and kidney pie with puff pastry on top, and my husband had either bangers and
mash or fish and chips - neither of us can remember.  When we returned to the
hotel, the girl at the desk asked us where we had gone for dinner, and when
we told her, said in a shocked voice, "Wasn't it terribly...greasy?"  She
couldn't believe we chose pub food - I don't think she'd ever had any, but
apparently had been taught to believe that it was about MacDonald's level....

Brangwayna Morgan