[Sca-cooks] OT - cat antics

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Mon Dec 23 18:33:14 PST 2002

Ok, I have to add my two livres...

Here at Hotel Drachenwald/ Castle Owl's Nest (that is, Regina's house)
There are three feline life-forms. Susitna is a very pretty largish cat,
crosseyed, with a coat that looks like marble ice cream. She's psychotic
and mostly lives under teh bed, under the couch, or scooting from room to
room as  if all teh devils in hell were after her. Zoe, or rather The
Empress Zoe, is a Feline-American-Princess cat. Wee tiny, looks like a puff
of smoke. Generally will not deign to let anyone but Mom near her.

And then there's Snoopy.

Snoopy is a Maine Coon. He's in teh 16-17lb neighborhood, and looks bigger.
All of it is fur and personality. Often found in teh middle of the hallway,
either: 1) on his back, paws spread, snoring, 2) on his tummy, FLAT,
looking like a large furry planaria, or 3) on his tummy, front feet
stretched way out, back feet straight out behind him. We call this the Long
Kitty effect. He also has a stripe down teh center of his back, and if you
scratch him on teh stripe, he will lick himself compulsively.

He is the main entertainment in a houseful of women who are mostly too busy
for tv...

'Lainie
who is Snoopy's person and the one who can take him to the vet without
major bloodshed