[Sca-cooks] Isabella's latest stunt and rice vinegar question

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 09:45:06 PST 2002

What is my latest masochistic stunt? I just went out onto the porch to measure the new snow on the railing. 5 ". Even had 5" on the porch floor..where I was walking barefoot...with a he** of a head cold. Oh, My. Gosh was that cold. And the fire box is out (our main source of heat).

Phlip, you said you use rice wine vinegar. The brand I got was Nakano, seasoned rice vinegar...great, just typing in I noticed it wasn't rice WINE vinegar. Ever heard of it? Seems the only seasoning was a little sugar. Since I live out in God's country and am fairly well snowed in, I guess I'll try it and see. I really don't know a whole lot about wine or vinegar or fancy cooking or period cooking..but thanks to you guys, I'm trying and learning.

Isabella