[Sca-cooks] OT - cat antics

Aurore Aurore at hot.rr.com
Tue Dec 24 10:27:15 PST 2002

> I've been having the best time, reading everyone's cat introductions,
> and I just gotta ask:
> Who's wierder? Us or our pets? <g>
> --maire

I got to agree with you on that.  I got only a few stories of merorible
cats.  Have none now.  Free cat is still $200 pet deposit.  When I was a
little girl, my mom had gone next door for something, I heard a cat meowing
outside, I know they at fish, so I took the half can of tuna out of the
fridge, and left it outside.  Next night we were coming in from outside and
the first one to walk in was the cat.  We named her Sassy, don't remember
colors.  This is what got her shipped off to my grandma's farm though.  Mom
was sitting at the table one night working on bills, she was in one of those
chairs that has a space along the seat at the back, next thing she knows she
gets this sudden swipe across the backside with claws, bills went flying as
the table had gotten flipped, and cat disappeared under the couch for
awhile.  Then there was Stormy, solid grey.  She was found on a Sunday
morning after a storm.  We had just bought a new place and the mailbox was a
bit of a walk to get.  I had decide to walk down and see how far and how
long.  Got to the mailbox and heard this baby meowing.  I look around to see
if momma was around and no luck, so I took off my fleece sweater, wrapped it
in it and bought it home.  By the time I was home, she was asleep and I told
Mom we got something.  Showed her what I had found.  Had to presuede my Dad
to keep her.  When she got older, she was kicked out cause she had this
thing of waking up my Mom for breakfast by chewing on her toes.  Stormy was
a good cat, she always brought home her catches to show and eat.  Then
Purrcee, orange and while stripes.  We didn't have him long, just that his
name was specially spelt.  As long as we're on names of our pets, had a
goose named Loose pernouced Lucy.  Aurore