[Sca-cooks] persona play (was FYI)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Dec 25 16:27:16 PST 2002

"Fabliaux" is the plural form of "fabliau," a word related, in turn, to
our "fable."
According to my dictionary (which I consulted because I
kinda-but-not-exactly knew what it was), a fabliau is:
"a short, usually comic, frankly coarse, and often cynical tale in verse
popular in the 12th and 13th centuries."
Sounds like an earlier version of some of Chaucer's raunchier stories.
Or early ancestors of some of the gender-bending you see in some of
Shakespeare.
--Maire (not as good as Lainie with this sort of thing, but giving it
her best shot ;-)