[Sca-cooks] OT:new question

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Dec 25 19:40:53 PST 2002

IIRC, there are two possible reasons.  Cool water absorbs more heat than
warmer water creating a faster increase in temperature with the cooler
water.  As I recall, it has to do with the nature of water and its high
specific heat.  And hot water holds more metal ions than cold water.

It has been a long time since I studied the chemistry of solutions, so I
could be dead wrong.

Bear