[Sca-cooks] OT:new question

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Dec 25 20:34:06 PST 2002

I don't remember being taught that it needed to be hot *or* cold. And my
dad (the family pasta cooker) was more apt to put a bit of oil in the
pasta water than salt, to keep it from sticking together.  I suspect
there's a reason for the salt, above-and-beyond the possible flavor from
the salt (?), but I don't know what it is.  Maybe it alters the boiling
temp of the water or something?
--maire, completely ignorant about this one, but happily munching on
Stefan's pralines (mmmmm)