[Sca-cooks] OT:new question

Marilyn Traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Dec 26 03:48:14 PST 2002

JUst a quick guess - physics or health reasons:
Physics - a state change is easier from temperature extremes.
Frex - hot water will freeze faster than cold water. It may be
that cold water will heat in  a differennt manner than warm or
hot water due to the brownian motion inherent in the state change.

Health alternate - a carry over from the thought that water
sitting in the heating tank has lost oxygen and is 'flat' and
they don't want that flat taste to affect the end result.
margali
Personally, since our water heater is also the house heat source,
it cranks out at 180 at the tap...I use hot water to start with.
I can also make a nice cuppa without recoursing to a kettle;-)