[Sca-cooks] Christmas Dinner

Diana Skaggs liadan at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 26 05:26:01 PST 2002

I love Christmas. This year was exceptionally special.  We had a big snowstorm on Monday, and the roads were still not clear yesterday morning. Greg and I just stayed home. This was our first Christmas together. I made Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes with gravy, and Broccoli Casserole. I watched a couple of old Christmas films (White Christmas and Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas). Greg teased me about watching Muppets, I reminded him Christmas was only once per year, but how often did he watch Dragonball Z?
I didn't get a Christmas tree up this year, because my apartment is just too small. (NO, Greg, I can't move the piano out into the alcove to make room for the Christmas tree) Maybe by next Christmas I'll either have gotten rid of a bunch of stuff I've packratted or we'll be in a bigger house. Greg's Christmas gifts included a percentage of his PS2 and a package of new socks. He got me the new Matchbox Twenty CD. Since my birthday is January 9th, he has promised to bake my birthday cake and buy me a cooking-related item. Since he doesn't cook (ok, he can scramble eggs and toasted cheese sandwiches) I figure the entertainment value of watching him try to make a cake (even from a box) should be worth it.
What did everyone else do for Christmas?  Watching the old movies is part of my yearly tradition. What family traditions do you practice for the holidays? Or if Christmas isn't your holiday, what holiday do you celebrate, and how do you celebrate it?
Liadan Arendell
Shire of Mooneschadowe, Ansteorra
mka
Stillwater, Oklahoma

 Susan Laing <paxford at gil.com.au> wrote:Sorry for sending this via the list - can't seem to send it directly to
Olwen's hotmail account...

OFC - Christmas lunch today is to be Roast Turkey with vegetables. My
parents are bringing it all with them to my place (this despite my saying "I
*can* cook the turkey **PLEASE** let me cook the turkey"... seems they don't
think it's a "proper Christmas" unless they're the ones supplying all the
food) I had to have a minor hissy fit to be even allowed to provide the
dessert items - and they're *still* bringing the trifle.... BIG SIGH...
anybody else got Parental units like this?

Mari
(who should be laying the table rather than emailing :-p)