[Sca-cooks] Hey OLWEN!!!

Amanda Blackwolf amandablackwolf at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 24 16:23:50 PST 2002

*sigh* Nope, mine took us out to eat last night. Did presents w/ the kids,
and everything. Worst part: waiting 45 minutes for a table in smoking
section. Due to the weather (Mother laid down a 6 inch blanket of white
stuff), a fair number of their wait staff wasn't there.....but at least THAT
restaurant was open.....our first choice was "closed due to inclement
weather"..........hell, my husband's job didn't shut down....or the
roomie's........UGH!

Tomorrow, we go to the outlaws.....I'm fetching apple pie and peach
pie......and Jim is doing the green bean casserole........wonder who is
doing the ham? (Don't these people understand I *hate* ham?)

Amanda Blackwolf

> OFC - Christmas lunch today is to be Roast Turkey with vegetables. My
> parents are bringing it all with them to my place (this despite my saying
"I
> *can* cook the turkey **PLEASE** let me cook the turkey"... seems they
don't
> think it's a "proper Christmas" unless they're the ones supplying all the
> food)  I had to have a minor hissy fit to be even allowed to provide the
> dessert items - and they're *still* bringing the trifle.... BIG SIGH...
> anybody else got Parental units like this?
>
> Mari
> (who should be laying the table rather than emailing :-p)

---