[Sca-cooks] SCA Slaughtering

Kirsten Houseknecht kirsten at fabricdragon.com
Thu Dec 26 08:51:35 PST 2002

as someone who saw a mundane (modern) slaughter go bad once... it was enough
to instantly explain vegetarianism to me.

i know modern methods are supposed to be humane... and maybe most of the
time they are.. but of course the *one* time i went to a slaughtering
house.. it wasnt!

Kosher methods seem kindest to me, i suppose.  and they havent changed too
much in a long time.

<squick space>

<shudder>

i will save everyones nerves the complete description, but suffice it to say
that the thing they used to "knock the cow out/kill the cow" didnt work..
and they started taking off bits while it was still kicking and making
noise. the people butchering it didnt seem to care at all. i fled.

<shudder>

<squick space>
Kirsten
kirsten at fabricdragon.com
http://www.fabricdragon.com

"Did you vote?  No?   Then don't come whining to me...."