[Sca-cooks] SCA Slaughtering

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Dec 26 10:39:38 PST 2002

> Damned'f'n I know what their reasoning is - apart from being anti-Jewish.

Hm. I've just done a Lexis/Nexis search in Midwest regional sources for
'kosher' and 'slaughter or slaughtering or butcher or butchering' and the
same search in Major Papers (including the Jerusalem Post and the New York
Times) for the last six months, and I can't find any mention of this.

What I did find was that a bunch of foxhunters in England claimed that
they ought to be allowed to fox hunt as a ritual of their ethnic minority,
just like Muslims and Jews perform ritual slaughtering. (*shakes head*)

There's a kosher butcher shop in NY state that has fought against
inspections by the NY dept. of agriculture, and that was reported in the
Jerusalem Post.

There was, in the midwest, a case where a bunch of union employees at a
plant that processed some kosher meat, claimed that the stalled union
negotiations were violating the kosher status of the plant...

People are wierd.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa   jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Words can be your friend or your enemy, depending on who's
throwing the book, so watch your language." Stoppard