[Sca-cooks] Fw: ***A Message From Bish. I'm O.K.

Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com Jeff.Gedney at Dictaphone.com
Fri Dec 27 07:44:11 PST 2002

> I would resent such a blanket statement, too, which is why I didn't
> make one. I posited a theory, based on observation, but also clearly
> qualified as such. The syllogism above wasn't part of my thinking
> process, so while your resentment of it duly noted, it doesn't apply
> to me.

Let me take one second to review what you did write...

> As it seems you may have learned by now, clerical personae of various
> sorts seem to be semi-and-unofficially reserved for gay and bisexual
> SCAdians. In theory, such titles are not officially sanctioned by the
> SCA, because of the SCA, Inc.'s refusal to espouse one religion over
> another, or to officially support religious activities at our events.

Your theory as posited above, seemed to me to more about the reason that
the titles are not sanctioned.
At least that is the way it reads.
You did make a rather blanket statement about the reservation just before
the statement of your theory, but this was not stated as part of the
theory.
Neither was it clearly stated as a personal observation.

Now that stated, Master Adamanius, my resentment is not directed at you, it
is more of a sort of generalized resentment of the rather pervasive
interpretation of clerical personae as either "joke" personae, or Gay.
So no, my resentment does not apply to you, specifically.
But not for the reason you stated.

Brandu