[Sca-cooks] Fw: ***A Message From Bish. I'm O.K.

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Fri Dec 27 10:49:49 PST 2002

Eeep! I just realised that this discussion has pertinence to _me_!  One of
the ideas that I'm kicking around in my head for when my hubby and I step
down is to "retire to a monastery" - as an early Brit, I'd probably head
over to Ireland, where married monks and nuns are not uncommon (although the
extent of their involvement with their spouses is under debate)... and well,
uh - I think my hubby of 26 years might be a bit surprised if I told him
that for purposes of my persona, I was changing my sexual orientation this
late in life...!

   I could just imagine....

(And as a real point, I've only met one gay/bi person with a clerical
persona, but have known five or six straight folks of the same category of
persona - and two of them were ordained or vowed to their paths in their
"everyday" life. So I'm weighing in with those who think that the
generalization is flawed.)

Rosine