[Sca-cooks] sprays, crumbs, and keyboards

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Dec 27 15:19:36 PST 2002

At 09:33 AM 12/27/02,Sue Clemenger said something like:
>So's a latte.  Or sekanjabin. (OFC).  Good thing keyboards are cheap!
>--maire
> > >
> > > Stefan, lean back a bit. Crumbs are bad for the keyboard!
> > >
> > > *whistling innocently, as I wouldn't know personally of course...*
> > >
> > > 'Lainie
> >
> > Orange juice is worse. Not that I'd know about anything like that,
> > though...
> >
> > Margaret

Have any of you checked into the "virtually indestructible
keyboard"?  http://indestructiblekeyboard.com/

They CLAIM that they are hardy enough that you can run them through the
dishwasher.  The only reasons I haven't bought one already is that a)they
don't have a cordless model  and b)i do my internet with my keyboard in my
lap, the VIK is a floppy keyboard, that relies on the firmness of your
desktop.  BUT, if those keyboards really are that tough, I imagine I could
take a chunk of the leftover laminate from the floor and cut it to the
right size for a keyboard, to plop into my lap. (Then just work at being a
lot more graceful at getting out of the chair, i constantly tripped on
keyboard cords before, which is why I had switched to cordless).

Regards,
Maggie MacD.