[Sca-cooks] OOP: spice mix packets

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 27 17:20:27 PST 2002

Ciorstan replied to me with:
>> Stefan asks about the Mystery Moglai Chicken:
>
>>>Not to mention, where do you get "100 grams of curd". Do you make this
>>>from milk? goat, sheep or cow milk? How do you make the curds? Stir
>>>some lemon juice into the milk? Let it curdle on the counter for a day
>>>or two? (yes, some of this on the curdling is probably in the Florilegium)
>>>
>>>Something tells me this wasn't packaged for the normal American cook. :-)
>
> It's possibly panir, a very mild home-made cheese very popular in
> northern India.
Whoops. Somehow this reminds me of redacting a medieval recipe, even

though this recipe is modern. For this one question, we've got
three answers. Mine, which is probably the least likely, plus this
one and the soy curds (tofu).

Exactly why I prefer to work with several folks redactions as well

as the original recipe. I often will not stick strictly to another's
redaction anyway, but for me, it's nice to have the framework to
start with.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com