[Sca-cooks] Speaking of the Tooth Fairy ... OT

Isabella di Giovanni isabella_di_giovanni at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 20:30:33 PST 2002

How funny you should mention this today. My grand-daughter (mundane, daughter Angel Giovanni in SCA..what can I say, she likes me) Kayla is staying with me til school starts and placed her newly lost tooth under her pillow (while Nana was still sick in bed) and Mr. Figg didn't come. I think he MUST be gone. Nana had to do a big 'slip the money in the crack of the couch (fold out bed) and let her find that it had just slipped down'. If anyone does hear of the where abouts of Mister Figg, tell him he owes me $2.75.  (Hey, I'm broke, sick and snow bound. It was all I had :-)   )

Isabella

 Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
--- Sue Clemenger wrote:
> Where are you, Tooth Fairy?

Many years ago, when I was in high school, a
local radio station broadcasted a half hour radio
show called, "The Adventures of Newton Figg, the
Tooth Fairy". It was the hilarious adventures of
Newton Figg, who by day was a simple dental
assistant to the dentist, Dr. Armadingo and his
nurse, Nurse Durkin, and, who by night was an
equally simple Tooth Fairy, wearing "gum pink
jammies, with feet in them and a large tooth logo
on the chest."
Dr. Armadingo was very dim and always mistaking
blue paint for mouth wash. Nurse Durkin was
alway saying things like "Yeah, your mother knits
knots!" and "Yeah, your father wears socks!" in a
heavy Brooklyn accent. Newton, in his adventures
as the tooth fairy, was always being
propositioned by sexy divorcees or hot gay men or
mugged by greedy little brats and always on the
verge of being arrested for breaking and
entering.

Do any of you on this list remember listening to
this, other than me? I would love to find out
who made it and where I could get copies of the
broadcasts.

Thank you. And remember to brush and floss after
every banquet!

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.