[Sca-cooks] Clerical Persona .

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Fri Dec 27 21:30:10 PST 2002

>As it seems you may have learned by now, clerical personae of various
>sorts seem to be semi-and-unofficially reserved for gay and bisexual
>SCAdians. In theory, such titles are not officially sanctioned by the
>SCA, because of the SCA, Inc.'s refusal to espouse one religion over
>another, or to officially support religious activities at our events.

I don't know that I'd agree with that...perhaps gay and bi people are drawn
to such personae as a way of standing out and stating their individuality,
being something out of the ordinary in the massively skewed bell curve of
SCA culture? Or maybe it's just more fun than a repressed and dour Puritan
persona? :o)

Either way, there are a growing number of people-of all orientations-
involved in serious and creditable religious re-enactment, which I think
can only be a good thing.

Giles