[Sca-cooks] Lamingtons, Fairy bread, Pavlova OH MY!!!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 27 21:51:01 PST 2002

I'd think the amount of sweetness would depend on the type of bread.
Some are, some aren't.  I wouldn't call any of them "cake," though.
Although a quick bread, like banana or something, would more closely
approximate that label (but then, that's not the bread being referred to
in the descriptions of fairy bread).
I don't actually eat or purchase a whole lot of bread, but when I do,
I'm more likely to buy a whole-grain variety (I like the chewiness), or
a sourdough of some sort.  Or bagels--usually preferring the savoury
varieties over sweet.
Mmmm....maybe I'll have to have bagels and lox for breakfast tomorrow,
on my way into work....mmmmm...
--maire