Debatable Crown (was: Re: [Sca-cooks] about Bishop Geoffrey d'Ayr)

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Fri Dec 27 22:50:58 PST 2002

At 10:54 PM 12/27/02 -0700, you wrote:
>How long ago was it?
>We had problems here, years ago (when we were part of Atenveldt) at a
>Crown that resulted in the entire tourney being re-fought.  That day.
>Talk about pushing the feast-time back!
>Which _TI_?
>--maire, only been in 15 years.....

I can't speak to the EK Crown problem, but there was in An Tir a few years
back a case like the one in Aten- May Crown was one by a certain Count, he
was to be crowned in July. At some point between the two dates, it came to
light that there was a problem with the validity of his Lady's membership,
which invalidated teh Crown List. (I have been told that the 'problem' came
to light through teh hand of an angry woman with an axe to grind, but I
have no idea if that's actually true- sounds likely though.) So they fought
an entirely new Crown Tournament at Coronation, and less than 24 hours
later, crowned the new king and queen. And that is how my friend Morwyn
became Queen of An Tir.

(As an aside, the young Count, one Torgul Steingrimsson, went on to win
Crown again at a later date. In chief on his device are three crowns- the
center one voided ;-)

'Lainie
-endless repository of useless knowledge