Debatable Crown (was: Re: [Sca-cooks] about Bishop Geoffrey d'Ayr)

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 18:24:45 PST 2002

Well, going back over 20 years or more, when Caid
was still a Principality, we had a young man win
the Coronet tourney.  Unfortunately, between the
Coronet Tourney and his Coroneting, he got into
mundane trouble, pleaded guilty and was sentenced
to 6 months in jail.  He had to abdicate as he
would not have been able to attend his Coroneting
or do any of the required duties.  The Tourney
was refought the day to the Coroneting and the
winner and his lady were crowned Prince and
Princess of Caid that evening.  I am told that
the lady this unfortunate young man for still
hasn't forgiven him.  However, both have later
gone on to sit on the thrones of the Kingdom of
Caid several times with different people.

Huette

--- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:
> At 10:54 PM 12/27/02 -0700, you wrote:
> >How long ago was it?
> >We had problems here, years ago (when we were
> part of Atenveldt) at a
> >Crown that resulted in the entire tourney
> being re-fought.  That day.
> >Talk about pushing the feast-time back!
> >Which _TI_?
> >--maire, only been in 15 years.....
>
> I can't speak to the EK Crown problem, but
> there was in An Tir a few years
> back a case like the one in Aten- May Crown was
> one by a certain Count, he
> was to be crowned in July. At some point
> between the two dates, it came to
> light that there was a problem with the
> validity of his Lady's membership,
> which invalidated teh Crown List. (I have been
> told that the 'problem' came
> to light through teh hand of an angry woman
> with an axe to grind, but I
> have no idea if that's actually true- sounds
> likely though.) So they fought
> an entirely new Crown Tournament at Coronation,
> and less than 24 hours
> later, crowned the new king and queen. And that
> is how my friend Morwyn
> became Queen of An Tir.
>
> (As an aside, the young Count, one Torgul
> Steingrimsson, went on to win
> Crown again at a later date. In chief on his
> device are three crowns- the
> center one voided ;-)
>
> 'Lainie
> -endless repository of useless knowledge

=====
shall never cease to be amused.