[Sca-cooks] Cool Christmas Gifts.

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Dec 28 21:35:34 PST 2002

Brangwayna commented:
> My mother-in-law, fortunately, was good at hints the day we visited the
> Kitchen Shoppe together, so I am now the proud owner of of a mini pizzelle
> maker. No, not a mini maker, a maker that makes mini-pizzelles.  3" diameter
> ones, to be precise, 4 at a time.  Wafers, here I come!
I found when preparing for the Cookie Exchange that there are a number

of wafer recipes out there on the web, including some chocolate ones
that sounded interesting. I was originally was going to do some chocolate
wafer sandwiches with rum filling and some regular wafers with chocolate
filling or vice-versa :-). However, from earlier comments on the list it
sounded like another person (Johnnae?) was going to make wafers, so I
desisted. Plus I wasn't sure the cream filling would keep for the shipping
time. So y'all got the Texas/regional pralines instead. :-)

And just in case you missed it previously, here's some of the period versions

again:

wafers-msg        (72K)  3/30/01    Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html

Please let us know if you try any of these, how they work for you. Especially
if you try the Polish saffron wafers.
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com