[Sca-cooks] OOP - Green Beans with Garlrc Sauce

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Dec 29 14:35:17 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Doesn't it make everything taste like peanut, though? I can see that
> being okay in dishes that also contain peanuts, or pb, but the one time
> I used peanut oil in something, the flavor was really obvious.....
> --Maire, who has (rustle, rustle, clank) Canola, 2 kinds of olive,
> toasted sesame, almond, and [hidden in back] walnut oil

Not really, any more than generic vegetable oil tastes like generic
vegetables ;-) There is a slight back taste, but if you use the Planter's
oil, it's so light as to be almost non-existant- a strong flavor in your
dish, and it pretty well vanishes. While no oil is totally neutral flavored,
it's about as neutral as you get.

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,