[Sca-cooks] OP - popoovers

Ciorstan ciorstan at attbi.com
Sun Dec 29 20:33:09 PST 2002

maire writes in response to me suggesting Yorkshire pudding as breakfast
treat:

> Mmmm....butter and raspberry jam.
> --Maire, thinking they'd be nice for breakfast, but why bother for 1
> person....
> Never mind, I've got English muffins, and some nice marmalade....

Muah-ha-ha, Maire, can you say "enabler?" Sure you can.

The basic recipe for Pauling Omelet I use is this:

Put these in the blender:

1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
1 cup flour
pinch salt

Give the blender a good whirl until the flour is all mixed in.

Grease a 13 by 8 glass pan with a generous quantity of melted butter,
bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350. I usually make two pans and between
the four of us, we consume about a quarter-pan's worth apiece--
depending on how hungry the two chilluns are. The melted butter
contributes both to non-stick and also to great crusty crispiness.

Just halve the recipe for one and use a fudge pan. No problem... <smirk>

ciorstan