[Sca-cooks] He's back!

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Dec 30 08:39:10 PST 2002

>Welcome back sweetie.  Missed you!  I guess I can get that wee gift out now.

Yeaah!!!  gift gift gift

>I want the directions for this dish please.  I like trotters and am always
>looking for a new thing to do with them.  Grosses my friends out.

Which dish?  The beef kidney thingey?  If so, here goes:
Get real fresh beef/veal kidneys.
Clean them out of all fat, white stuff, and "skin".
Cut them in small pieces
Heat up a pan *real* hot.
Briefly fry the kidney in the pan.  You do not want them to "boil", release
juices.
Remove kidneys from pan when the juices start "seeping" out.
Deglaze pan with red wine and cognac
Reduce
Add cream, reduce
Salt, pepper.
Finish with a spoon of old style grained mustard.
Put the kidney back in, give one BRIEF boil, serve.

>Want the recipe for this too, mostly the cranberry sauce.  I am a tart,
>rather than a sweet, fan.

Cranberry, easy.  throw cranberries in pan, with water and sugar.  Bring to
a boil, let simmer.  voila!  Adjust sugar to your taste :-)

For the Ragout de patte de cochons:
Simmer the pig's feet in water with onion, carrots, celery, parsley, bay
leaves, etc.
Remove meat from stock, take eatable parts out, reserve aside.
Strain stock.
Thicken with brown roux.
Fry a mixture of half ground pork and half ground beef.  Cool it down.
Prepare a pate brisee (yes I know, no accents...)
Wrap a soup spoon of the ground meat mix in pate brisee, repeat till out of
meat.
Bring thickened stock back to boil, simmer
Put the pig's feet meat in, and the "plottes" (which is what the dough
covered meatballs are called, which is very funny since in coloquial quebec
French plottes mean cojones...)
Warm it all up finish the seasoning, and there you go

>Hey.  You should check out the recent archive.  It got a little wild on the
>list lately.  Your additions would have been fun.

Wish I'd have time :-(

>Welcome home buddy.

Thanks

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forthcastle, Meridies
mka Nicolas Steenhout
"You must deal with me as I think of myself" - J. Hockenberry