[Sca-cooks] an tir 12th

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 30 13:14:34 PST 2002

Maeve commented:
> I will be, I can be found at the laurel vigil for Goran in the meeting room
> Friday night 9look out for period, Middle eastern and Arabic food - thanks
> to Anahita) and in the merchant room, I sell period glassware.

Hmm. "Look for" or "Look out for" Anahita's period Middle Eastern and Arabic
food? :-) So please let us know what you take and how it goes, Anahita.

Do you make your period glassware? Or get it from somewhere else? I've got

one very general file on period glassware, although I've seen or got one
or more books on this. If you (or anyone else) would like to write an
introductory article on period glassware for us uninformed masses, I'd
like to consider it for the Florilegium. Why and how it was different
from today's glassware, where the special centers of glassware production
might have been, who would have had and used glassware and who wouldn't.
If folks are buying modern glassware to approximate period glassware for
feasts etc, what should they look for, what should they avoid.

Stefan

    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com