[Sca-cooks] Salted herring

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Mon Dec 30 17:44:06 PST 2002

Also sprach Gorgeous Muiredach:
>>Brandade de Morue - salt cod mashed with potatoes.
>
>YESSSSSSSSSSSSS that's the one I was thinking about earlier today!  Thanks
>Anahita :-)  I've got to find me some salted cod now...

Wonderful stuff! Strictly speaking, of course, the potatoes are
unnecessary, although a common addition. Some people use bread
instead.

The salt cod, the garlic, the olive oil, and the milk are essential,
though. The potatoes are helpful for some in creating an emulsion.

Hey, evvybuddy! Wanna see GM throw something at me?

"Gorgeous, I don't like the flavor of olive oil. Can you suggest a
more neutral-tasting oil for this dish??? Can I use corn oil?" ;-)

Ada... uhhhh... 'Lain... uhhh... Phlip