[Sca-cooks] Salted herring

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Dec 30 18:36:10 PST 2002

>Wonderful stuff! Strictly speaking, of course, the potatoes are
>unnecessary, although a common addition. Some people use bread
>instead.

I much prefer it with potatoes.  Bread, well, Im' not too fond of it that way

>The salt cod, the garlic, the olive oil, and the milk are essential,
>though.

<sigh>  You've got me salivating

>The potatoes are helpful for some in creating an emulsion.

We don't need no stinkin' spuds for nemulsssssionzzz, but it's for taste!

>Hey, evvybuddy! Wanna see GM throw something at me?
>
>"Gorgeous, I don't like the flavor of olive oil. Can you suggest a
>more neutral-tasting oil for this dish??? Can I use corn oil?" ;-)

<shrug>  Sure you can.  You might as well eat Kraft Mac n cheese with
sliced hotdogs though...  You also could use motor oil for all I care, just
don't try and feed the thing to me!

While we're on the topic of olive oils, don't give me the wimpy *ss stuff
that passes for olive oil, pale yellow, like most Bertollis or Italian oils
around here.  Gimme the dark green stuff that actually TASTES like
olive.  <snort>  What's the point of using olive oil if y'ain't gonna taste
the stuff.

>Ada... uhhhh... 'Lain... uhhh... Phlip

My dear friend, I see through all your subterfuges.  But I'll thwap
everyone, just for good measure.  I'll even tie up those who wanna before I
thwap 'em ;-)

Gorgeous Muiredach the Odd
Clan of Odds
Shire of Forth Castle, Meridies