[Sca-cooks] apple pie seasoning

Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Dec 30 19:08:32 PST 2002

Ene bichizh ogsen baina shuu...

> Fish 1 lb
> Eggs 4
> Rice flour 1 Tbsp
> Light cream 1 Cup
> White Pepper ½ tsp
> Salt ¼ tsp
> Butter 1 Tbsp
> Bread crumbs, plain 2 Tbsp
> Puree fish, rice flour, & cream together to smooth mix. Add eggs singly,
then salt & pepper, and blend. Butter a loaf pan and line evenly with bread
crumbs. Spread fish mixture evenly into the pan and seal with foil. Place
pan in larger pan of hot water; bake @ 350 for 1 - 1.5 hr, until done.
> NOTE: we did not butter or bread the pans in which we cooked the fish.  I
forgot.

> Wine sauce
>
> Flour 2 Tbsp
> Butter 2 Tbsp
> Light cream 0.75 Cup
> White Wine 0 5 Cup
> White pepper 0.125 tsp
> Salt to taste
>
> Melt butter into flour in double boiler. Add liquids and pepper. Cook with
heavy whisking until smooth, thick, and done.

> We used a commercial dry white in this recipe; all other recipes
requireing wine used a deLondres Merlot which Master Sean and I decided was
more suitable for cooking than for drinking.  (Made with flash-pasteurized
grapes, and has a slightly raisiny effect.  Not bad, but not Merlot, either.
It's wonderful in cooking, though.)
> And Phil made the White Sauce; I know he added herbs, just because we had
them.  Dill and what else,Master A?
> People ate it  - probably ate more than the would have if the vension pies
had gone out when they should have.  A friend who doesn't eat much fish said
he'd eaten enough that his dairy allergy kicked in big time.
> Regards,
> B.

WOW!!!! Wildest apple pie seasoning I ever saw in my life!!!!

Phlip

cat.

Never a horse that cain't be rode,