[Sca-cooks] an tir 12th

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 30 21:57:18 PST 2002

Anahita commented:
> Stefan li Rous wrote:
>>Maeve commented:
>>  > I will be, I can be found at the laurel vigil for Goran in the meeting room
>>  > Friday night 9look out for period, Middle eastern and Arabic food - thanks
>>  > to Anahita) and in the merchant room, I sell period glassware.
>>
>>Hmm. "Look for" or "Look out for" Anahita's period Middle Eastern and Arabic
>>food? :-) So please let us know what you take and how it goes, Anahita.
>
> Thanks for the ?kind? thoughts, Stefan :-)

Yep. They were meant that way. I just calls them as I reads them, though. :-)

> But i'll by at The Kingdom of the West Twelfth Night. I'm in a
> somewhat serious play that the Golden Stag Players are going to
> perform at West Kingdom Twelfth Night about chivalry in SCA culture.
> I have a small part as an SCA bimbo. I'm told i'm unrecognizable in
> the blonde wig, pink satin head roll with iridescent metallic
> rick-rack wrapped around it, pastel pink-lavender-peach wench dress,
> and the purple corset i wear *over* it, not to mention the hot
> magenta lipstick and lime green eye shadow. Scary but true, there is
> a guy in the play who thinks my trashy look is a turn on...

Folks, if you get the chance to see the Golden Stag Players in person,
do so. I got a chance to see them when they were performing here in Austin and
enjoyed it. I also enjoyed getting to eat dinner with them before the
performance. Someday I'm going to get those Goldwyn plays online.

> I've finished the off-white silk dupioni salwar (narrow ankle pants).
> And i'm nearly done with the *very very sheer* off-white cotton
> gomlek (undertunic). The pattern is based on a surviving 14th c.
> Persian kamiz for reasons i won't go into on a cooking list - and
> except for the parts that show - the sleeves and the hem - no one is
> seeing me in this alone

Well, listen to Olwen and take some pictures of yourself in this outfit and
post them. Then we can form up groups before looking at the pics. Then we
won't be seeing you in this alone. :-)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com